Swift 3.0 for iPhone and iPad Developers – Online Course
Purpose: Swift for iPhone and iPad Developers is designed to help iPhone developers quickly understand the Swift programming language and get you on your way to becoming a successful iPhone and iPad Developer.
Swift is critical to be able to code the iPhone and iPad devices! You must be comfortable programming in Swift and with Xcode. This class will accomplish this.
This course is designed to help the developer who has some experience with OOP, XCode and Swift.
We are using macOS, Xcode 8, iOS 10 and Swift 3.0.
Books used for this course
Times: 5pm Pacific. Total of 8 online classes.
Swift Classes, Objects, and Method
- Creating an Swift Class
- Declaring Interfaces and Instance Variables
- Sending Messages (Methods)
- Working with the Implementation File
- Implementing Methods
- Using Our New Class
- Overriding Default Behavior
- Taking Class Methods to the Next Level
- Accessing the Xcode Documentation
Programming Basics in Swift
- Creating a Simple Command Line Tool
- Introducing Instance Variables
- Accessing Instance Variables
- Using Getter and Setter Methods
- Introducing Properties
- Using Properties
- Understanding the Importance of Conventions
- Creating the MyBookstore Program
- Using the NSMutableDictionary Class
- Making Our Object Do Something
- Implementing Behavior
- Cleaning Up Our Objects
- Using the Bookstore and Book Objects
- Introducing Boolean Logic
- Using Relational Operators
- Comparing Numbers
- Using Boolean Expressions
- Comparing Strings
- Comparing Dates
- Combining Comparisons
- Using the Switch Statement
- Grouping Variables Together
Creating User Interfaces with Interface Builder
- Understanding Interface Builder
- The Model-View-Controller
- Human Interface Guidelines (HIGs)
- Creating an Example iPhone App with Interface Builder
- Using Outlets.
- Implementing an Action
- Using Interface Builder
- Document Window
- Library Window.
- Inspector Window
- Creating the View
- Connecting the Outlets and Objects
- Connecting Actions and Objects
- Implementation File
- Broken Connections in Interface Builder
Memory, Addresses, and Pointers
- Understanding Memory
- Bits, Bytes, and Bases
- Understanding Memory Address Basics
- Requesting Memory
- Working with Automatic Variables and Pointers
- Deallocating Memory
- Using Special Pointers
- Managing Memory in Swift.
- If Things Go Wrong.
Debugging Programs with Xcode
- Getting Started with Debugging.
- Setting Breakpoints
- Debugging Basics .
- Working with the Debugger Controls.
- Debugging a Program
- Using the Step Controls
- Looking at the Thread Window and Call Stack
- Debugging Variables.
- Deleting Multiple Breakpoints.
- Disabling Breakpoints.
- A Larger Call Stack
- Storage Considerations
- Writing Preferences
- Reading Preferences.
- Storing Information in a Database
- Getting Started with Core Data
- The Model
- Managed Object Context.
- Setting Up the Interface
Protocols and Delegates
- Multiple Inheritance
- Understanding Protocols
- Protocol Syntax
- Understanding Delegates
- Next Steps
Upcoming Swift 3.0 for iPhone and iPad Developers - Online Courses
|Live Start Dates
-OnDemand 24x7 (?)
|Jan 3, 2017
Tues & Thurs 5pm 5pm Pacific
& Start NOW
-OnDemand 24x7 (?)