Objective-C 2.0 for iPhone and iPad Developers – Online Course
Purpose: Objective-C 2.0 for iPhone and iPad Developers is designed to help iPhone developers quickly understand Objective-C and get you on your way to becoming a successful iPhone and iPad Developer.
Objective-C is critical to be able to code the iPhone and iPad devices! You must be comfortable programming in Objective C and with Xcode. This class will accomplish this.
This course is designed to help the developer who has some experience with OOP, XCode and Objective-C.
We are using Mac OS X 10.8 Lion, Xcode 4.5, iOS 6 and Objective-C 2.
Books used for this course
Times: 5pm Pacific. Total of 8 online classes.
Objective-C Classes, Objects, and Method
- Creating an Objective-C Class
- Declaring Interfaces and Instance Variables
- Sending Messages (Methods)
- Working with the Implementation File
- Implementing Methods
- Using Our New Class
- Overriding Default Behavior
- Taking Class Methods to the Next Level
- Accessing the Xcode Documentation
Programming Basics in Objective-C
- Creating a Simple Command Line Tool
- Introducing Instance Variables
- Accessing Instance Variables
- Using Getter and Setter Methods
- Introducing Properties
- Using Properties
- Understanding the Importance of Conventions
- Creating the MyBookstore Program
- Using the NSMutableDictionary Class
- Making Our Object Do Something
- Implementing Behavior
- Cleaning Up Our Objects
- Using the Bookstore and Book Objects
- Introducing Boolean Logic
- Using Relational Operators
- Comparing Numbers
- Using Boolean Expressions
- Comparing Strings
- Comparing Dates
- Combining Comparisons
- Using the Switch Statement
- Grouping Variables Together
Creating User Interfaces with Interface Builder
- Understanding Interface Builder
- The Model-View-Controller
- Human Interface Guidelines (HIGs)
- Creating an Example iPhone App with Interface Builder
- Using Outlets.
- Implementing an Action
- Using Interface Builder
- Document Window
- Library Window.
- Inspector Window
- Creating the View
- Connecting the Outlets and Objects
- Connecting Actions and Objects
- Implementation File
- Broken Connections in Interface Builder
Memory, Addresses, and Pointers
- Understanding Memory
- Bits, Bytes, and Bases
- Understanding Memory Address Basics
- Requesting Memory
- Working with Automatic Variables and Pointers
- Deallocating Memory
- Using Special Pointers
- Managing Memory in Objective-C.
- Using the Retain/Release Model
- Working with Implied Retain Messages.
- Sending the dealloc Message
- If Things Go Wrong.
Debugging Programs with Xcode
- Getting Started with Debugging.
- Setting Breakpoints
- Debugging Basics .
- Working with the Debugger Controls.
- Debugging a Program
- Using the Step Controls
- Looking at the Thread Window and Call Stack
- Debugging Variables.
- Deleting Multiple Breakpoints.
- Disabling Breakpoints.
- A Larger Call Stack
- Storage Considerations
- Writing Preferences
- Reading Preferences.
- Storing Information in a Database
- Getting Started with Core Data
- The Model
- Managed Object Context.
- Setting Up the Interface
Protocols and Delegates
- Multiple Inheritance
- Understanding Protocols
- Protocol Syntax
- Understanding Delegates
- Next Steps
Upcoming Objective-C 2.0 for iPhone and iPad Developers - Online Courses
|Live Start Dates
-OnDemand 24x7 (?)
|August 5, 2013
Mon & Wed
& Start NOW
-OnDemand 24x7 (?)