Intro to Object-Oriented Programming and Logic using Swift – Online Course
Purpose: This course is designed for those who have never programmed, never used object oriented programming, never used Swift and XCode or need a refresher course. If you don’t know what if/else statements, variables, functions, classes, inheritance, polymorphisms, methods, events, Boolean logic, arrays, recursion and XCode are, this course is for you.
This course uses Xcode, Swift and PlayGround to make learning OOP quick, fun and easy.
Many try to be iPhone and iPad developers with little background in computer programming and quickly struggle. This course is designed to build a solid programming foundation for iPhone and iPad development for those who have little-to-no programming experience, haven’t used Xcode or Swift or Object Oriented Programming before.
This course is designed to give students a sense of accomplishment and great foundation to be successful at iPhone and iPad development.
We are using Mac OS X 10.9/.10, Xcode 6, iOS 8 and Swift.
Books used for this course
Times: 5pm Pacific: Total of 8 online classes
Becoming a Great iPhone/iPad or Mac Programmer
- Thinking Like a Developer
- Completing the Development Cycle
- Introducing Object Oriented Programming
- Working with the Alice Interface
- Taking a Tour with Alice
- Navigation Menu
- World Window
- Classes, Objects, and Instances in Alice
- Object Tree
- Editor Area
- Details Area
- Events Area
- Creating an Alice App-To the Moon Alice
- Your First Swift Program
- Installing Xcode
- Launching and Using Xcode
It’s All About the Data
- Numbering Systems Used in Programming
- Data Types
- Using Variable and Data Types with Alice
- Data Types and Swift
- Identifying Problems
Making Decisions About… and Planning Program Flow
- Boolean Logic
- Truth Tables
- Comparison Operators
- Designing Apps
- Design Requirements
- Designing and Flowcharting an Example App
- The App’s Design
- Using Loops to Repeat Program Statements
- Coding the Example App in PlayGround
- Coding the Example App in Swift
- Nested If Statements and Else-If Statements.
- Improving the Code Through Refactoring
- Moving Forward Without Alice
Object Oriented Programming with Swift
- The Object
- What Is a Class
- Planning Classes
- Why Use OOP?
- Eliminate Redundant Code
- Ease of Debugging
- Ease of Replacement
- Advanced Topics
Upcoming Intro to Object-Oriented Programming and Logic - Online Courses
|Live Start Dates
-OnDemand 24x7 (?)